Published rates are based on standard occupancy, do not include an 11.5% percent City of Palm Springs room tax, are in U.S. dollars, and are subject to change without notice. Higher Rates may apply during Holiday Periods and during Special Events such as the Coachella Festival.
In most reservations 50% of your total payment is due when you sign your contract with Desert Hot Springs Vacations. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival at the property. In complex long term reservation payment arrangements may be made by contacting Desert Hot Springs Vacations directly.
Cancellation of Rental
Cancellation policy may vary based on property/unit type. When booking a home you may have the option to add Trip Cancellation to your reservation which would normally be 6% of the rental amount. If included in your reservation it will allow you to cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund of any amount paid minus 6% or $100.00 whichever is greater. If trip Cancellation is not purchased when booking a home, no refund will be provided unless the unit has been re-rented.
Payments are accepted in US Dollars only and per your rental contract. We encourage payment via a direct deposit, wire transfer, personal check, pay pal, cash (to owner) or money order. We also accept all major credit cards and pay pal with an additional 3.5% processing fee. Damage deposit amount cannot be paid using a credit card and must be paid using a direct deposit, personal check, or wire transfer.
The minimum length of stay varies based on the property. Typically we request a 2-night minimum stay unless stated otherwise. Desert Hot Springs Vacations can sometimes arrange exceptions to the posted guidelines so please contact us if you have a question.
Normal check-in is 3 PM. Check-in prior or after these hours must be arranged in advance. Normal check-out is by 10 AM. You may check-in early or check-out late with an extra fee, when possible.
Renters must be of 25 years of age to rent one of our properties. Each property has a maximum occupancy listed in the property description and in the rental contract. Unauthorized guests at the property will result in the loss of the entire security deposit, and all guests will be evicted. Guests conducting illegal activity at the property or disturbing the peace and quiet of neighbors will be evicted with no refund.
Smoking is not permitted inside. Smoking is permitted outside and ashtrays are provided. In the event smoking is detected inside the property the entire security deposit will be subject to forfeiture.
Internet, Cable TV and Phone
All homes have large flat screen television, wireless broadband internet, unlimited acess to Net Flix Movies, Youtube, Pandora Music and most properties have a digital phone with unlimited calling inside the US and Canada. Please inquiry about your specific property when making a reservation.
Pets are welcome in most units. If you plan to bring a pet, please confirm what rentals will accept them. Extra deposit may be required.
Utility Fees and Deposits
If staying in a home, or condo with its own private pool, for 28 days or more, the guest will be required to pay a utility deposit of at least $1000.00. This deposit will be used to pay monthly gas and electric bills that combined, exceed $200.00 per month. This deposit must be replenished each month as it is used.
Pool and SPA
Energy costs in Desert Hot Springs are among the highest in the US. A surcharge of pool/spa heating usage applies for daily or weekly use; monthly rentals pay actual electric + gas usage minus an allowance. Pool heating must be ordered in advance as the average pool takes up to 48 hours to heat up to 86 degrees. Pool temperature is set to 86 degrees and should not be changed by tenant or guests. If pool heating is adjusted upward an excessive pool heat additional fee may apply. Pools/spas are cleaned on a twice weekly schedule (by homeowner vendor) during your visit. We also make sure every home has a pool skimmer for occasional use by the renter.
Reservations less than 30 days: A booking deposit of 20% is due upon booking and payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival.
Reservations greater than 30 days: A booking deposit of 20% is due upon booking, first months rent due 30 days prior to arrival, balance due on arrival. A maximum of 30 days rent may be paid by credit card. Booking deposit may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis for frequent and repeat tenants.
Reservations greater than 90 days may make payment arrangements on a case-by-case basis for fourth month and beyond.
All payments are due in U.S. Dollars
Refundable Security Deposit
Deposit must be paid by check, cashiers check, money order or cash. Deposit is normally due within 10 days of booking. Please speak with your reservation agent for special instructions if you book your reservation less than 10 days prior to arrival. Deposit is fully refundable 7 to 10 days after departure. Please review policies below for details. Deposits may be increased or decreased for special events and holidays.
NO SMOKING / PETS If you smoke in a unit or bring a pet without telling us, your deposit is forfeited.
If you cancel within the time allotted, our minimum cancellation fee is $40.00 and maximum $100.00.
Each cancellation is different. We pledge to do our best to work with you on an individual basis using the below guidelines.
Cancellations should be made as far in advance as possible, but not less than 30 days or the number of days of your reservation, which ever is greater. Inadequate notice or no-shows forfeit all moneys paid.
If you do not cancel within the allotted time, you will be charged a 20% booking fee, plus all moneys paid to date will be forfeited unless we are able to re-rent the property. If we are able to re-rent the property, and we will do our best to do so, and the new rental is less than your original rental, you will be refunded the difference less 10%, plus any cleaning or concierge expenses incurred and a $40.00 transaction fee.
You must be at least 25 years of age to sign our vacation rental contract and to occupy said vacation rental property. Each property has a maximum occupancy, generally two per room. Undisclosed guests will result in loss of rental fees paid, complete forfeiture of security deposit, and all guests being evicted. Guests that disturb the peace and quiet of neighbors will be evicted with no refund of rental fees paid and may forfeit a portion or all of refundable deposit. Desert Hot Springs Vacations is not responsible for accidents, injuries, loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
Utility Fees and Deposits
If staying in a home with its own private pool, for 28 days or more, the guest will be required to pay a utility processing fee of $25.00 and to put down a utility deposit of approximately $1000.00. This deposit will be used to pay monthly gas and electric bills that combined, exceed $200.00 per month. This deposit must be replenished each month as it is used.
Pet Policy – Dogs
We love our pets as much as you love yours and understand that sometimes fluffy or fido simply has to come along! Most of our homes are pet friendly and marked on the Internet as small dog-allowed “WOA”, or “with owner approval.” You must inform us if you wish to bring your dog. We will request information about your dog and procure owner approval prior to confirming your reservation. An additional pet deposit or pet charge may apply. If you bring a pet without prior approval, entire deposit is forfeited and you may be subject to additional fees, so be sure to tell us if you plan to bring your dog.
Pet Policy – Cats
Sorry, our standard policy is no cats, but sometimes we are able to say yes! It is much more difficult to obtain owner approval for fluffy. However, from time to time certain owners will approve cats in their home. Generally, an additional deposit of $1,000.00 is required and a pet charge may also be applied. If you bring a pet without prior approval, entire deposit is forfeited and you may be subject to additional fees, so be sure to tell us if you plan to bring your cat.
- You will be emailed access number to your vacation home, one week prior to your arrival. We utillize password access locks. no keys are needed!
- Reservations of less than 30 days: Entire balance and Deposit due 30 days prior to arrival or on booking date. Reservations of one to three months: 1st month rent and other charges are due 30 days prior to arrival and the balance is due on arrival. Reservations of 4 months or more may make payment arrangements.
- Security Deposits and Utility Deposits must be paid via cash, cashiers check, personal check, travelers check, or money order. Credit cards may be used to pay a maximum of 30 days rent. If paying via cash, please bring the exact amount due. We cannot make change. Any overpayment will be applied to your deposit and returned via mail after your departure.
- Check in time is 3 p.m. unless other arrangements have been made in advance with our office and you may be charged an early arrival fee.
- Please bring your confirmation with you. It has the address and directions to the unit you are renting.
- Please turn off all lights, TVs, stereo, oven, range, etc. Set A/C to 90 in warm or summer months. Turn off heater in winter or cold months. Do not turn off refrigerator, water heater or other major appliances. Failure to turn off A/C may result in a significant charge to your deposit.
- Lock all doors and windows; draw all curtains, shades, blinds, and SET ALARM where applicable. Failure to lock doors and windows and set Alarm may result in loss of deposit.
- Check out time is 10am, unless alternate arrangements have been made prior to your departure. Late check out will result in an additional days rent, late check out fees or loss of deposit.
- All garage door openers etc., issued to you must be left at the property at same place as you found them. Failure to do so will result in a minimum $18.00 recovery fee deducted from your deposit.
- If the unit has been soiled beyond normal usage or if there is excessive laundry, a minimum bookkeeping fee of $25.00 plus $42.00 per hour per person charge will be deducted from your deposit for excessive cleaning, along with any charge for damages.
Our homes are rented with the understanding that you will leave the property in reasonably the same condition as you found it when you checked in. Please wash dishes, take out garbage, and feel free to begin a load of sheets or towels. if you leave your unit in excellent condition, you may enjoy a partial refund of your cleaning fee.
- When you call our office, please refer to the property name and / or your reservation number. This will help to expedite our identification of the property in question.
- Security Deposits (less any deductions for damage or excessive cleaning) will be returned via same method is was received 7 to 10 work days after departure. Tenant is to maintain said property during occupancy and is responsible for the repair and or replacement for any breakage, damages, or loss caused by tenant or any guest of tenant.
- Phones: you will need to bring a calling card or credit card when making long distance phone calls.
- We do not provide maid service for the duration of your stay. If you would like maid service, we will gladly arrange this for you.
Please call 661-305-8562 during normal business hours for routine maintenance. In the event of a non-life threatening emergency, which requires immediate attention, please, call 66`-305-8562.
In the event of an emergency that requires the assistance of the Police, Fire Department or Medical Professionals, please dial 911.